Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Reflections on a Semester

One thing i learned about photography this semester, was developing film roles. When you watch tv, or a movie you never see the stalker developing those. So when i had to do that, it was a completely new experience  that was stressful but very satisfying when completed. I had no idea how people put the photos on silver paper, or how people took pictures with cans, or how exciting it was to see the final result. 


I learned that it didn't matter what i was photographing, but that the only thing that really mattered, was how i took it. I personally love taking picture of people when they aren't expecting it or dont even see the camera, because you see a real part of them captured. What i take in from those kinds of pictures is the back layer; when people dont realize that moment they're real. How i usually took these photos was kind of hiding the camera, They dont have to know. 

I wish we did more with film and developing. I dont feel as comfortable when using digital. I have no real mystery when i take digital pictures. When you develop a picture and it turns out the way you hoped, it makes you really smile. I wish i could've done more developing because its just such a great feeling to be able to successfully finish it, and think of new ideas. Not to be weird but i liked trying to set everything up in the pitch blackness, It kind of sucked when i had a broken turny wheel and i didn't understand why it wasn't loading my film.

My struggle was definitely creating the panorama, and the world. Every time i tried making it the pieces wouldn't come together, even though i had plenty of ground, horizon, and air. I think the reason why i struggled with this is because i might have a shaky hand, or didn't keep it an equal level all the way around. That might've messed things up for me at first.

I feel like i conquered Portraits of myself and other people. They're my favorite, end of story.
Why i love taking those photos besides what i stated above, is that everyone has their own story, and everyones id like to believe are only as bad as they let it out to be. Taking a picture of people being human is just wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment